Tropical Storm Nicole Updates
SAN JOSE SCHOOLS TO CLOSE ALL SCHOOLS THIS THURSDAY
After-school activities, including after care, canceled for Wednesday
November 8, 2022 - San Jose Schools will close all schools on Thursday, November 10, due to the forecasted impacts of Tropical Storm Nicole. The latest data from the National Hurricane Center shows that it could strengthen into a hurricane, and that Jacksonville is located within the cone of concern.
School will resume Monday, November 14. Friday was already a day off in observance of Veterans Day.
After-school activities, including after care, sports and clubs, have been canceled for this Wednesday to give our families and staff the opportunity to prepare for storm effects at their homes.
Events or activities associated with school sports and clubs will be canceled from Wednesday through Sunday. The Light the Night event for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, which was scheduled for Thursday, has also been postponed until November 19. Students and staff members who were slated to volunteer will be provided additional information. School-related extracurricular activities and after care are expected to resume on Monday, November 14.
Follow up-to-date information on ParentSquare (phone app), your school’s website, your school’s Facebook page or via email. San Jose Schools may follow different procedures compared to Duval County Public Schools; therefore, it is important for you to be connected through one or more of our digital resources.
As in all tropical events, we recommend you follow a local news station for live weather updates. Heed warnings if you live in a flood or evacuation zone. We also recommend you complete all necessary storm preparations in advance of the storm’s arrival to our region. Families are encouraged to make the best choice for themselves regarding whether to evacuate or remain at home before, during and following a tropical storm. Please send a message directly to your school if you choose to leave Jacksonville. These absences, if we are notified, will be excused.
Following are links to digital resources:
- San Jose Primary: Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SanJosePrimary; Website https://www.sanjoseprimary.org/
- San Jose Prep: Facebook https://www.facebook.com/sanjoseprep; Website https://www.sanjoseprep.org/
- San Jose Early College at Cecil: Facebook https://www.facebook.com/sanjosececiljax; Website https://www.sanjosececil.org/
- San Jose Cyber Academy: Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SanJoseCyber; Website https://sanjosecyber.org/
- The Padawan Academy: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PadawanAcademy; Website: https://thepadawanacademy.org/